Monday, February 16, 2009

Sri Aurobindo


I just listened to the new self-released cdr by these Baltimore psychedelic freaksters. Holy shit is it good. Even the packaging, which has this hexagonal sleeve over a really cool-looking cdr that doesn't look like a cdr inside a recycled cardboard folding thing upon which things are written in this trippy font that I'd never before seen else we prolly woulda used it on our record, is great. There's no pretense or forced-sounding bullshit here, just a sense of absolute enthusiasm for all that is awesome. You should: a) listen to the first two songs on their myspace(the other ones are rad too, but aren't on the album) b) message them and see if they'll send you one...I'm not sure how much they're selling it for. c) when it arrives, open it immediately, do whatever it takes to get you feeling it, and proceed directly to rocking-out mode.

5 comments:

David H said...

man, you're right-it is great. I can't believe it took me two weeks after they'd given me one of these to crack it open and give it a listen.

David H said...

yeah, well you should get better about stuff like that.

David H said...

true. weird how you're actually me and I'm having a conversation with myself here.

David H said...

that is kinda funny, innit. I think that's because not enough people leave comments on this blog.

David H said...

word.